Strategic Business & Cost Analysis Manager
EControls is a global provider of innovative, state-of-the-art integrated controls solutions for internal combustion engines and electric drive systems in the off-highway, on-highway, and stationary equipment markets. EControls designs world-class, full-authority engine management systems for major OEMs around the world. Our global engine development labs and engineering staff offer full-range support, from design guidance for base engine conversion to hardware, software, and engine calibration to meet each application's specific requirements.
We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. We fearlessly engage in any effort that will eliminate our customers’ risk and clear a path to their success. We immerse ourselves in our customers’ world, reveal unknowns and deliver integrated solutions.
We have a global footprint ready to serve customers with high-level product support and deep application engineering. The company employs over 900 employees worldwide dedicated to serving our customers and markets on virtually every continent. We have locations in Texas, and Oklahoma, as well as multiple overseas operations in Europe, and Asia.
We are looking for an experienced Strategic Business & Cost Analysis Manager to join our growing team.
Job Function and Duties:
- Review and analyze trial balance, general ledger detail, and other financial reports to identify trends and compare anticipated vs actual results.
- Setting standard costs for manufactured goods. Review, develop, and analyze cost standards of manufactured goods to ensure accuracy in the Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and manufacturing routing.
- Establish costs of business processes. Collect and analyze data about operational costs including scrap, freight, labor, and overhead.
- Prepare, analyze, and report on monthly gross margin, operating costs, and inventory by business unit.
- Develop system to manage and track capital expenditures actual vs. budget.
- Identify and recommend changes to the company’s processes and policies to reduce cost and maximize profit.
- Assist with the preparation, review, and distribution of monthly financial analysis.
- Assist with the preparation of detailed annual financial budget and financial forecasts.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the company’s ERP system.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Carrying out cost-volume-profit (CVP) analysis.
- Advising executives and upper management on appropriate costing based on financial data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with advanced skill in Excel.
- Possess excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce high quality work.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with multiple priorities.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving abilities
- 3 – 5 years of experience in transaction services, audit, corporate finance, or cost accounting
- Experience working within a corporate ERP system is preferred but not required
- Background in manufacturing is preferred but not required