Product and Process Quality Engineer
San Antonio, TX
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
- This position reports to the Quality Manager, EControls.
- This position has supervisory responsibility.
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT / PRODUCT LAUNCH
- Ensure successful transition of next-generation products from design to production working cross-functionally across entire organization.
- Following production release of next-generation technology, develop and manage quality control processes for EControls to ensure products meet or exceed customer and engineering specifications and a
- Ensure quality processes guarantee that products are being produced to appropriate Safety / Quality standards.
- Ownership of DFMEA & PFMEA. Creation, implementation of corrective actions, and standardization approach for all FMEAs
- Lead implementation of internal specifications, work instructions and internal test methods.
- Develop, initiate, and establish clear processes, methodologies, and technologies for the inspection of outgoing material, and have input on inspection of incoming material.
- Work towards setting new and tighter targets on Rolled Throughput Failure (RTF) and Customer Parts per Million (CPPM). Analyze daily metrics for each line to facilitate compliance with specified targets.
- Review / improve reporting by analyzing summarized data provided by cross functional team.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to team members on problem solving techniques on production floor.
- Initiate and lead process improvement projects to simplify processes and improve quality.
- Act as an Internal Auditor as required.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for disposition of non-conforming material / product, ensure that effective root cause analysis is conducted.
- Responsible for containment, implementation of permanent corrective actions, driving sustainable improvements as well as applying lessons learned actions as part of the continuous improvement plan.
- Promote customer satisfaction by reviewing and updating information related to corrective actions on customer quality portal.
- Engage / interface with customers to provide technical support for our products and assure quality of delivered product.
- Drive lessons learned from returned product analysis into permanent corrective actions within company and supply base
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5-10 years’ experience related to:
- Support of Quality / Reliability Systems within an OEM or Tier 1 supplier
- Component engineering / design
- Technical Service and Warranty Returns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work on multiple fronts each day
- Able to independently drive creation of PFMEA Fault Tree Analysis, DVT (Design Verification Testing), Product Return Rate Analysis, FRACAS and Root Cause Failure Analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience supporting ISO, TS, CSA, and/or UL certifications
- Experience with lean manufacturing and Six sigma methodologies
Key Performance Characteristics - Drivers for Success
- Self-starter / Self-motivator
- Power of Analysis
- Strong Work Ethic
- Innovative Outlook
- Customer-focused attitude
- Sense of Urgency
- Positive Attitude
Apply for this position