Supply Chain Engineer
We Exist to Conquer Complexity
- Are you ready to clear paths and eliminate risk for our customers?
- Are you driven to change the game by challenging convention?
- Are you tenacious, tireless and never discouraged in the pursuit of your goals?
- Do you love questioning assumptions and embracing new perspectives?
- Do you continuously ask “what have I missed” or “how can I make this better”?
EControls, a global, innovative leader in engine control systems, protection and monitoring, is seeking exceptional engineers who answer yes to these questions. Ideal candidates are strong team players, willing to work collaboratively and driven to continuous development.
We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager with engineering background or experience to manage our supply chain for electromechanical components in engines. This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
- Develop reliable, global supply base to support New Product Development (NPD) and production environments
- Manage supplier engagement and delivery as part of the NPD process during the early stages of design and cost analysis
- Communicate frequently with Purchasing, Operations, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams to review and adjust the Supplier Development Roadmap to ensure alignment and overall strategic objectives are achieved
- Partner with global supply chain to develop commodity strategies to manage the current and future needs of the business
- Manage the transition of selected sourced materials into the regular production environments to enable the execution of delivery targets
- Define and execute risk mitigation strategies to manage supplier risk in NPD and production-based environments
- Develop & execute commodity strategies to manage the current and future needs of the business
- Manage global supplier relationships through risk mitigation strategies to ensure NPD & production targets are met in relation to cost, quality, delivery, and reliability
- Uncover new potential suppliers for key commodities via networking, conferences, APICS, and the supplier evaluation process, etc.
- Transition underperforming suppliers who cannot sustain their scorecard performance in a way that minimizes disruption
- Prioritize improvement opportunities into a Supplier Development Roadmap (SDR), updated at least annually as part of the strategic plan
- Establish a make/buy template based on design for manufacturability (including inter-BU)
Degree in Engineering required / Degree in Operations Research, Business, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or other related field of study with more than five (5) years demonstrated experience in Automotive or related markets will be considered
Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines is a plus
Certification in APICS, Six Sigma a plus
5+ years in a SC Analyst Role with one successful promotion to leading at least one key process
Experience in supplier negotiation, with a diverse global supply base
Some experience with mature systems and processes combined with a critical mass of experience at a mid-sized organization with moderate resources; central platform/local application model preferred
Operations rotation a plus (e.g., quality, production, or purchasing)
Demonstrated experience related to sourcing in key areas: Casting (especially aluminum gravity and die casting), machining processes, plastic moldings, electronic components, electro-mechanical devices, sensors, and instrumentation & controls
Able to define and construct a business case around piece price and tooling as well as total landed cost
Must be extremely detail oriented to execute multiple tasks and priorities promptly with proven reliability and accuracy
Able to Identify and analyze problems in depth, and work through logical approaches to determine root cause
Approaches situations with a learner mindset
Demonstrated consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity in decision-making achieving balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more thorough approaches
High degree of personal organizational skills and proven track record in meeting deadlines
Strong time and project management skills
Self-motivated with a passion for achieving results, a can-do attitude that is relentless in the pursuit of their goals
A solution-based thinker, who is always open to new methodologies and techniques for improving the efficiency and accuracy of processes. Is willing to challenge convention to change the game
Must have strong computer skills as well as excellent communication skills