We Exist to Conquer Complexity
- Are you ready to clear paths and eliminate risk for our customers?
- Are you driven to change the game by challenging convention?
- Are you tenacious, tireless, and never discouraged in the pursuit of your goals?
- Do you love questioning assumptions and embracing new perspectives?
- Do you continuously ask, “What have I missed?” or “How can I make this better?”
We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine driven management, protection, monitoring, and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring.
We are seeking a highly skilled Electrical Engineer to join our growing R&D Team. The position is at our EControls facility located in San Antonio, Texas.
- Design and develop MCU-based hardware platforms for high-volume industrial and heavy-duty automotive applications
- Design circuit libraries for re-use across all of our product families including engine controllers, voice coil and DC motor actuators, fuel system devices, lithium-ion battery management systems (BMS) and chargers, and IoT telematics systems
- Own electrical hardware products over their entire lifecycle: initial design, prototype deployment, hardware qualification and certification, application validation, and production launch
- Architect integrated product solutions that leverage the cost, complexity, and performance tradeoffs between discrete hardware components, dedicated ASICs, and embedded software
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail during the product design phase to minimize the number of hardware revisions required before a successful product launch
- Peer review hardware designs and mentor junior electrical engineers
- Work independently within a small, highly technical engineering team with little supervision
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- MS or Ph.D. preferred
Five (5) or more years relevant electrical engineering experience
History of specifying and designing MCU based platforms that include H-bridges, low-side and high-side FETs, op-amps, switching regulators, analog and digital A/D inputs, ASICs, and isolated supplies
In-depth understanding of MCUs and their peripherals such as the Renesas SH2A, Renesas RH850, or STM32 platforms
Familiar with industrial and heavy-duty automotive 12/24V hardware design and qualification (EMC, load dump protection, ESD protection, reverse polarity protection, over-voltage, and over-current protection, etc.)
- Experienced with various embedded communication protocols (SPI, CAN, UART, Ethernet, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.)
- Expert using oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, and logic analyzers to develop and tune circuits and diagnose root-cause on failed devices
Performed worst-case circuit analysis and power budget calculations
Knowledge of 3rd party certification requirements and processes, such as ISO, UL, ECE, and CSA
Expert using Altium Designer to build electrical schematics and analyze PCB artwork
Experience in low-level microcontroller C and assembly software
Solid mechanical and software engineering aptitude