Supplier Quality Engineer
EControls is a global provider of innovative, state-of-the-art integrated controls solutions for internal combustion engines and electric drive systems in the off-highway, on-highway, and stationary equipment markets. EControls designs world-class, full-authority engine management systems for major OEMs around the world. Our global engine development labs and engineering staff offer full-range support, from design guidance for base engine conversion to hardware, software, and engine calibration to meet each application's specific requirements.
We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. We fearlessly engage in any effort that will eliminate our customers’ risk and clear a path to their success. We immerse ourselves in our customers’ world, reveal unknowns and deliver integrated solutions.
We have a global footprint ready to serve customers with high-level product support and deep application engineering. The company employs over 900 employees worldwide dedicated to serving our customers and markets on virtually every continent. We have locations in Texas, and Oklahoma, as well as multiple overseas operations in Europe, and Asia.
- Ensure the production readiness of suppliers during new product launches and during component resourcing efforts through the validation of supplier process capability (CPK), appropriate utilization of Quality Planning (i.e. FMEA, Control Plans, etc.), and verification of supplier’s understanding of design intent (GD&T) / drawing requirements and inspection methods
- Work with suppliers to identify root cause for incoming defects and ensure suppliers are implementing corrective action through application of 8D and Lean Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Participate in Material Revie Board process to review Non-Conforming Material and initiate purge/sort activities as needed for support suppliers
- Develop, implement and maintain metrics that track trends in supplier quality performance (Supplier Score Card)
- Undertake supplier quality audits on potential and existing suppliers and coordinate assessment and/or corrective action plans with the Strategic Quality, Engineering and Sourcing organizations
- Work with suppliers to be in support of ISO 9001 and TS 16949 by utilizing the use of Lean Six Sigma tools and PPAP methods
- Drive quality issue resolution and continuous improvement at suppliers through the application of G8D and Lean Six Sigma methods and tools
- Continually seeks to accomplish the mission and improve the organization by:
- Providing a superior level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
- Staying aware of developments in quality knowledge and tools in the quality industry
- Spreading the message of Quality and Organizational Excellence throughout the organization
- Building coalitions and relationships among internal customers and employees within the quality system to effectively drive positive change
- Displaying professional integrity and adherence to the ASQ Code of Ethics
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical or Industrial preferred)
- 3-5+ years of experience in supplier quality, continuous improvement or related field
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or TS 16949 quality specifications
- Certified Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Knowledge of 5Y, FMEA, PPAP, MSA, and Root Cause Failure Analysis is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing.
- Ability to compile and analyze data streams to better diagnose root cause and adhere to design specifications.